Training DICOM Fundamentals and DVTk applied
A combination of theoretical knowledge and practical experience
The two-day training ‘DICOM Fundamentals and DVTk applied’ combines theoretical knowledge, practical training and in-depth application. On the first day, the focus is on acquiring the necessary knowledge, whereby theory is illustrated with specific practical examples. The second day is devoted to workshops in which theory and practice are integrated with each other. You also learn to work with open source DVTk tools. Experience has shown us that putting your theoretical knowledge into practice as soon as possible is the most effective way of obtaining a clear insight into how the DICOM standard works and its purpose and application.
Scope of the two-day training
- Using the DICOM standard and navigating the documentation.
- Working with DICOM associations.
- In-depth experience with the command set and data set of the most frequently used Services (Requests and Responses), the structure and formation of Information Object Definitions (IODs) and attribute details.
- Verification, Storage (and Storage Commitment), Query/Retrieve, Worklist Management (MWL), Modality Performed Procedure Step (MPPS) and Media application profiles.
- Interpreting the DICOM standard.
- Configuring and using useful DICOM related tooling, including DVT, emulators, DICOM editor and DICOM Network Analyser.
- IT personnel
- clinical information specialists
- clinical physicists
- DICOM professionals
- DVTk users
- medical software developers
- medical software testers
Our experienced trainers, working for ICT Healthcare, work on next generation healthcare products for our clients; implementing DICOM communication, verifying DICOM communication, troubleshooting interoperability problems if requested, and provide training, both on-site as well as online.
For more information, please visit the ICT website Training DICOM Fundamentals and DVTk applied